Joe Lycett’s Feta and Avocado Smash with a Poached Egg [RECIPE]
Good Morning Friends!
I love starting my day with a good belly laugh. If you’ve never heard of comedian Joe Lycett, then you’re in for a real treat. Joe is a wonderful, young comedian out of the U.K. who shares this particular story about going to an “artisan coffee shop” to get their feta and avocado smash with a poached egg on top. (The story begins at time stamp 4:55 but feel free to enjoy the full routine!).
Naturally, given that I live in the land of avocados I had to whip up this tasty breakfast treat. I couldn’t help but crack up as I poached my egg to go on top. “The struggle is REAL!” I called to my husband from the kitchen and he, too, fell into a fit of giggles. I placed my hand on my forehead dramatically and said, “I’m struggling to cope”. Just watch the video and you’ll completely understand why he found this humorous. 😉
And now, onto the recipe.
Last night I wasn’t in the mood to do some heavy cooking, so this recipe was the perfect go-to that was tasty, relatively healthy, and filling. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes, and until then, keep on cooking! ❤
Joe Lycett’s Avocado and Feta Smash (with a poached egg on top!)
- 2 large Hass avocados, smashed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 6 slices toast
- 2 poached eggs, per person
- In a saucepan, boil a bit of water, throw in a dash of vinegar, and begin poaching your eggs. (This will usually take 3-4 minutes once you drop the eggs in boiling water).
- Meanwhile, toast the bread. Then put a little butter on it. (I used rosemary-sourdough bread and it was delicious!).
- Mix an avocado and feta cheese together in a bowl. Then smear 1 tablespoon of avocado-feta mixture on each piece of toast.
- Top with a poached egg. Give a dash of black pepper on top and serve hot. Enjoy! You’ve earned it! ❤