No Sugar Apple Pie [Guild Wars 2 Recipe]
Good Morning Friends!
Today I’m back with an exciting recipe to share with you. Apple pie is as American as it gets, but if I’m being honest, I get picky about my apple pie. Sometimes there is too much crust. Other times the filling is too sweet. And still other times, the pie is baked too much that it becomes dry and crumbly. I wanted to create an apple pie that allowed the apple to really shine. And this recipe does just that!
The pie dough in this recipe comes from the “ball of dough” recipe in the previous post. In Guild Wars 2, players can also make an apple pie with: a ball of dough, cinnamon apples, and sugar. In my recipe, there is no sugar in the dough nor is there sugar in the filling. Instead, I use apples, unsweetened applesauce, and cinnamon to make the whole pie. The result is a pie that is just slightly sweet from the apple itself. The pie dough remains buttery and flaky, and not the least bit dry. I used the scraps of dough to make tiny stars on top but you could also use them for a bit of lattice work if you wish.
I hope you all enjoy this simple, healthy, apple pie. Stay tuned for more recipes. Have a wonderful Friday, and until next time, keep on cooking! ❤
No Sugar Apple Pie
Makes: 1 pie
- 1 pie crust from previous recipe
- 3 apples slices thin, (I left the skins on but feel free to peel if you prefer)
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Roll out the pie crust into a greased pie plate and then set into the fridge to chill while you’re making the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F)/ 177 degrees (C) / Gas Mark 4.
- In a sauce pan or medium sized pot, dump in the apple slices, cinnamon, and applesauce. Heat to medium-high, stirring regularly for 10-15 minutes or until the apples just begin to soften.
- Remove filling from heat and pour into chilled pie crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy! You’ve earned it! ❤